Monday, March 19, 2007

Long time, no blog

Holy cow, I can't believe it's been a month since I've written a blog!
I don't have much to report, except that I just back back from the longest vacation I've ever had. It's a double edged sword. I feel more relaxed and rested than I have in a long time, but it is really hard getting back in the swing of things after being gone for two weeks!
My husband and I were staying on Anna Maria Island in Florida, not far from Tampa and even closer to Sarasota for those of you who know the state. I will always be grateful to my friend Emily Givens for introducing us to this particular vacation spot, it is a gem. What Michael and I like best about it, is the lack of huge commerical areas. I think it's probably one of the few places left to vacation that isn't overrun with high rises and big chain restaurants and stores. So, what did we do there? NOTHING! We are very anti-itinerary when we travel, which probably stems from the crazy schedules we maintain here at home. We spent a lot of time hanging out by the pool, walking on the beach and eating great seafood. And sleeping. Lots of sleeping. I also finished two books I'd started reading months ago, both biographies. Michael gave me "On Her Trail" as a Christmas gift. It's written by the son of Nancy Dickerson. She was one of the very first female network correspondents. Fascinating read. The other book was "Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn." Both my mother-in-law and Keith Murphy gave me copies as gifts and it was nice to finally have time to sit down with this intriguing life story as well. I also did something I never do. I read a bunch of entertainment and fashion mags . . . People, US Weekly, Glamour, Cosmo. . . . great guilty pleasures.
So, do you blog readers have favorite vacation spots? How do you like to spend your time off? Are you an itinerary freak or a fly by the seat of your pants kind of tourist?
Right now, I am definitely back on a schedule and it's almost newstime. Have a great week!
Erin
erin.kiernan@whotv.com

2 comments:

Heather R. said...

Usually when we go on vakay its only for a few days or a week at the most! Lucky Ducky!!! We ususally have things planned to the min. once we get there. This next vacation to Tampa in December will be a fly by the seat of my pants thing because I REFUSE to not spend the whole time on the beach.. come on thats the point of going somewhere warm in DECEMBER isnt it?? Glad you had fun and welcome back!!! Oh we had awesomely nice weather while you were gone!!! :)

Casey said...

Erin,
I love to vacation to anywhere, as long as I get to go. A lot of people come to Montana for vacations and its nice and all, but when you live here, you just got to get away. I perfer to go to California! I LOVE That state. That should be your next vacation spot if you have not been there! Or you can always visit us in Western Montana, but if you do, wait until the summer months, much better then the winter months! Glad to hear you had a good time and welcome back to blogging!
-Casey