Tuesday, June 05, 2007

These shoes are NOT made for walking

Ouch!
My feet are killing me.
I have no one to blame but myself.
I went shoe shopping a few weeks ago. My mission was to find a new pair of workout shoes. Have I mentioned that I'm easily distracted?
I ended up with three pairs of dress shoes, all of which have heels at least this high. No workout shoes.
Ladies, why do we do this to ourselves? I get home from work and I'm walking like I have some sort of serious injury! I have blisters like I've been running for miles! After a girls' night out Saturday, I was actually icing my achilles tendons on Sunday!
The good news is, this Saturday I will be wearing shoes like this . . .

I'll be at the Walk for Autism Research. Registration is at 9am, the walk begins at 10 o'clock. Last year it was pouring rain, so there wasn't a lot of walking but we still had a good turnout. Jeriann is saying that Saturday looks pretty good at this point, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for good weather. Coming up Thursday night, I'll have a story running about a young man from Ames who is beating the odds when it comes to dealing with autism. He's doing it with the help of great parents and supportive teachers, and he's teaching people a lot about autism in the process. For more information about autism, or the walk on Saturday check out www.autismwalk.org/iowa.

As always, thanks for watching, reading and emailing.

EEK



2 comments:

Heather R. said...

Hah Hah why do we put ourselves through that pain? I dont know. I always ask the same thing but then when it comes time to go out, I always choose the most uncomfortable shoes time again and again. Why Why Why... Good luck with the walk. Hope the weather turns out for ya!!!

sixbehrs said...

I pretty much avoid heels at all costs. I have found a couple pairs of wedge sandles that are comfy, though. The older I'm getting, the more I care about the comfort factor!