Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A great party

Hello blog readers!
First, thanks to everyone for sending emails about Helen Thomas and my Huskers. You're right, Helen is amazing and the Nebraska team is making me nervous! My Saturday afternoon was spent screaming at the radio while Iowa State was leading 10-0.
I'm sorry about the delayed posting, I just can't seem to catch up this week.
It could be because of a crazy weekend! My wonderful husband decided a birthday party was in order, and because I've been fielding complaints about my failure to post a lot of pictures - this week your demands are met!
He's great, don't ya think?

He had this cake made.
That's me, in the middle.

Here's another reason to celebrate - Kerry Kavanaugh came to visit!

And so did our former Assistant News Director, Tami Howard.
Everyone nearly had a stroke when Patrick walked in the door.
He NEVER shows up at our parties!
Unlike Jon Cahill, who is the Social Chair of Channel 13.

It was great to see the Greene's, and Burnside always makes things more interesting.

My friends Gwyn and Kim gave me some very creative gifts - too difficult to explain here.


Nick has been to a Kiernan party before, but I think Kevin thinks we're all nuts!


Photojournalist Dave Olson's girlfriend probably agrees.

Leslie knows we're crazy, and doesn't care.


I used to work with both of these guys.
Don't Dan & Clint look cute in their matching orange shirts?

Steph & Dan enjoying a rare moment together away from workOne of my favorite people - Courtney Greene, and one of my favorite gifts - a Huskers mug that lights up when you take a drink. Thank you, Dan Winters!

Michael & Dan being nice to each other.
This is a rare moment since they act like brothers.
The following morning, Michael and I went to brunch with Kavanaugh, Jeriann and Rob. There are no pictures of this outing because none of us had showered. While hanging out at the Waveland eating my eggs I kept thinking, "I'm so lucky." I think most of us have a tendency to complain about life; whether it's about work or relationships or time or money. Sometimes it's good to step back and focus on the wonderful things in our lives ... and oftentimes we realize we have a lot to be thankful for.
I'm out of time, thanks for reading!
EEK

2 comments:

Heather R. said...

Happy Belated Birthday Erin! The pictures are great! Sounds and looks like you had a great time. How's Kerry liking Flordia? Hope all is well.
Have a good week.
Heather

Jenni said...

looks like you all had a great time! Happy late Birthday! I hope your Huskers do better in the future so you don't have to get upset at the radio :)

Have a great rest of the week!