Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
I hope you all had a chance to get out and enjoy the absolutely gorgeous spring weather we had over the weekend. Isn't sunshine wonderful therapy? It just puts you in a better mood, no matter what else is going on in your life.
This entry will be brief because I'm brain dead and exhausted. My weekend was filled with heavy-duty housework sandwiched between Mistress of Ceremonies duties on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. It feels good to get things done around the house, and the causes were all wonderful, but I am spent!
All of us here at Channel 13 hope you'll tune in this week for the special reports we have airing during our 10 o'clock shows. Each story has the potential to impact your life, each in a unique way.
* Tuesday Jannay Towne is tracking down Iowa sex offenders. Are they living where they say they are? This story is particularly interesting since Iowa lawmakers changed the state's sex offender laws this session.
* Wednesday Andy Fales shows us another Iowa Icon. I don't want to ruin the surprise, so I'll just tell you that thinking about this family name makes my mouth water. To know the food and ingredients from this establishment is to love it and we'll get a fascinating history lesson about part of the Des Moines metro.
* Thursday is a double-header. Lynn Melling starts an incredible two part series about homeless veterans in Iowa. She had me read over part one last week, and I was tears. It's powerful. This a story you should not miss. Part two airs Friday. Also Thursday at 10, Dan Winters continues his Money Savers reports. I'm a coupon clipping fiend so this series is right up my alley. And let's face it, who couldn't stand to save some cash these days? Viewers have flooded the news@whotv.com inbox with great ideas and Dan will share more of them this week.
I feel like I could put my head down on my desk and take a nap so I'll wrap this up before I start writing nonsense. As always, thanks for watching and emailing!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
Monday, May 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment