Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
I'm feeling nervous about something on my calendar this week. I feel silly for feeling nervous, but I can't help it. I'm going back to teaching at the Y. I've been on a hiatus for about six months and starting Wednesday I'll be teaching a Step Interval class. This should fall into the "It's just like riding a bike" category but for some reason I'm all nerved up about it! Have you ever felt that way about something you've done for a long time, taken a break from, and then returned to doing? I'm sure I'll be fine after the first day jitters, but it's weird.
Teaching aerobics is something I really love doing, but just got a bit burned out on earlier this year. It was very hard for me to tell my boss at the Y that I just needed a break. As I've mentioned before, it's very hard for me to say "no" to things. For that reason, Murph loaned me a great little book entitled "Hell Yes!" I have to admit, I put off reading it for some time. I kept thinking, "The last thing I need is another self help book. Ugh." I finally read it last week, and I'm so glad I did. It's formatted like a children's book with simple, declarative sentences on each page and the message is simple ... if you're asked to do something and your reaction isn't "Hell Yes!" then your reply to the request should be "Hell No!" OK, realistically your reply will be a polite "No, thank you." but you get the idea. I am really, truly, sincerely going to try this approach to life. I get so bogged down doing things for others because I feel obligated to and then often I'm running ragged and doing a poor job of maintaining my own life. You can find out more about the book, its author and how to buy it here www.hellyesbook.com.
Finally, I got to spend last Friday at the fair and it was so much fun. From our "Cast Your Kernel" booth to the Pork Producers tent and stomping grapes, I had a wonderful time. I met fun people, learned a new way to grill pork chops and discovered that I am really bad at grape stomping. It was a ball. Thanks to everyone who treated me and Ed like family at the pork tent (and that includes feeding us) and to the folks at Grandfather's Barn who didn't laugh too hard at the tv and radio gals getting their feet dirty.
Have a fantastic week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment