Monday, March 08, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

There aren't enough hours in the day ... or at least in this day!
Hello and Happy Monday, gang.
I've been scrambling today. The blog is tardy and brief - my apologies.

How about this melting?!? It's exciting to see the sun and the grass, but it's also unnerving. We are worried about flooding, and although most meteorologists say we probably aren't looking at a situation like 2008, those memories are vivid enough to make anyone nervous. Jeriann says there are a lot of factors, many of which just can't be predicted.

I wore open-toed shoes today for the first time in many months. Oh, how I've missed you! It's the little things that can brighten a work day.

A workout can be vastly improved with music. On days when I forget my i-pod I can hardly bear doing cardio. Friday I remembered it and cranked out extra minutes thanks to some old school hair band tunes. The best of Motley Crue, Guns n' Roses, Poison and the like kept me moving and I'm not embarassed to admit it!

I realized the other day I have developed a new habit: talking to myself. Out loud. I don't know if any of my friends and colleagues have noticed this. I'm pretty sure it's a function of not being able to remember anything lately. Sticky notes and talking to myself ... my new way of life.

Are you going anywhere or doing anything fun for Spring Break? I'm not. It's a combination of scheduling and money management. What are your reasons for doing (or not doing) what you have planned?

A viewer sent a really snotty email about me last week. I'm paraphrasing, but Becky wrote "For the love of all that is holy, get rid of Erin Kiernan..." She went on to write that I'm always bouncing around giggling and she's evidently annoyed anytime Keith mentions that I went to Drake. I've never sent any kind of critical email or letter to the editor to a news organization, but I hope that when I do it will contain more substance than that. Maybe Becky was just having a bad day?

I'm bouncing off to powder my nose - have a wonderful week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

4 comments:

gymrat said...

Had to comment. You're the reason my wife and I watch channel 13 Erin. We love your personality! Don't fret, you can't please everyone.

Robert Nielsen said...

gymrat is right, Erin!! You can't please everybody - your personality makes the news fun!! It's like Mr. Spock said in the "old" Star Trek (before the 2009 movie) - "The needs of the MANY outweigh the needs of the FEW...or the ONE." - Don't go changing your personality just because of one hater - there's more like gymrat & myself who love you just the way you are!! :)

Unknown said...

If it wasn't for the crew they have on 13 I wouldn't watch either....Don't worry about the unhappy people keep doing what you do Erin. We all love you here :)

Unknown said...

I think "Becky" may be one of your old jr high or high school classmates who tried to drag you through the mud then because of their insane jealousy, and obviously still have not gotten a satisfying life of their own. That is soooo sad. We must pray for "Becky". I'm reminded of the message I heard at church last week. Why do we remember those negative, hurtful remarks instead of those that are uplifting and encouraging?? Ya just gotta focus on the positive. There is a lot more of that. The negatives need our compassion. Becky, whoever you are, I'm adding you to my prayer list.