Monday, May 03, 2010

Whew!

Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
I don't know about you, but I am NOT ready for the start of another week. My weekend flew by and I didn't accomplish nearly what I wanted to. What's new?!?

My Saturday started with a workout date. Sonya and I decided to start doing kettle bell training on a regular basis after our segment with personal trainer Doug VanWyk. We were joined by three other women (including Doug's wife) - all of whom made this look far easier than it is. By the time our hour was up I was dead. I can't get over how hard this stuff is! But I'm really enjoying trying new things and having someone push me to do things I would otherwise never do. If you don't watch "Workout of the Week" and you missed the kettle bell segment - check it out under the "As Seen On 13" tab on our website.

Saturday afternoon Michael and I watched the Kentucky Derby with Sonya and her husband. What a race! It was so fun to have TWO Iowa ties on the track. We were all screaming our heads off as Paddy O'Prado made his move. I know some people were disappointed that he didn't win, but coming in third is still thrilling. The Derby is definitely something we'd like to see in person someday.

Saturday night was the Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence fundraiser. I had the pleasure of hosting with Channel 8's Stacey Horst and as always the "It's About Time" gala was a wonderful event. It was also fun because Michael and I were joined by Courtney Greene and her husband, Franklin. That means I was with three people I adore who all make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts the next day. Once the party wrapped up we made our way back to our house to watch the "Mayweather-Mosley" fight. I think it's fair to say we were disappointed. We were expecting a more even matchup and in the second round it looked like it was one but then Mayweather just dominated. Seeing a main event - particularly in Vegas - is also on the bucket list.

Sunday can be summed up this way... cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. Oh yeah - I also managed to lock myself out of the house. Ugh. So I was stuck outside wearing clothes no one should be seen in, filthy dirty ... and then it started raining. Fabulous. I waited out the storm on our front porch and then walked to pick up a spare key. Needless to say - I was not a happy camper.

Things to watch on Channel 13 this week: Aaron Brilbeck's ride along with Des Moines Police tonight at 10. Workout of the Week (roller derby!) Tuesday at 5. My story on living with cancer Tuesday at 10. A 13 Cares report on the Best Buddies program Wednesday at 6. Sonya's fascinating series on the Fort Madison prison starting Wednesday at 10.

Thanks for stopping by ... have a great week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that your favorite place to go is Anna Marie Island, Fl. My wife and I love it there, we've been going down there for four years now and we are leaving this Fri. for a 10 day vacation. Sitting at the Sandbar or Beach House watching the sunset is great. A quick run to Mr. Bones late at night is "All Good" too. Haven't stopped at the Jamacian place yet. Hope the oil spill doesn't reach the white sand. Later MEACH!!

Anonymous said...

I read that your favorite place to go is Anna Marie Island, Fl. My wife and I love it there, we've been going down there for four years now and we are leaving this Fri. for AMI, a 10 day vacation. Sitting at the Sandbar or Beach House watching the sunset is great. A quick run to Mr. Bones late at night is "All Good" too. Haven't stopped at the Jamacian place yet. Hope the oil spill doesn't reach the white sand. Later MEACH!!