Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
I hope you all had a great weekend enjoying those record high temps - unfortunately it's back to reality today.
I don't have much to report since I'm still recovering from surgery and limited in what I can do. Being prohibited from doing any kind of workout is really driving me nuts. Michael and I did go for a walk yesterday afternoon, but I plodded along at a snail's pace. I guess it was better than nothing, but certainly not what I'm used to doing to get my blood pumping! I can't wait to get back to normal.
Speaking of exercise - you've got to check out Workout of the Week tomorrow at 5. Sonya and I hit the field with the Iowa Crush a few weeks ago and you'll get to see how we did. We worked hard and had a blast, but I don't see us joining the team anytime soon. You'll see why...
Now on to food. I've written many times that this is my weakness when it comes to being fit. It's not that I dislike healthy food, it's just that I have no willpower when unhealthy food is presented to me. My solution is to keep bad stuff out of our house and avoid going out to eat as much as possible. Not always fun - but it helps. Lately I've been really good about eating stuff like fruit, yogurt, almonds and cereal here at work and last month when I spotted coupons for McDonald's oatmeal I was really excited. That is until the day after I'd gotten a bowl in the drive through (it was delicious!) and read an article in the newspaper about how the stuff has almost as many calories as an Egg McMuffin!!! What?!?! Granted, the oatmeal is a bit healthier than the breakfast sandwich ... but still ....
You can make your own comparisons by checking out the nutrition information McDonald's puts on it's website. It's nice to have something like this to look at so you can be armed with information BEFORE you order. http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf
OK, I'm out of time here. The five o'clock calls...
Have a great week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
Monday, April 04, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment