I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was great because I got to see my parents and my dad is doing really well.

I really don't have words to describe how grateful I am for his recovery. Sometimes I feel like everything that happened last winter was a terrible nightmare, or that I'm dreaming now and someone is going to wake me up and I'll return to the horrible place we all were when my dad was in a coma. It's a strange feeling.

Getting better is hard work, but every day Dad is gaining strength and balance. Here we are putting it to the test at the YMCA Healthy Living Center. He was a good sport as I made him do all sorts of exercises. It was fun.
People keep asking me what we did while my folks were here. The answer is "not much" and that's just fine. In years past my mom and I would have spent hours at the mall spending money on a bunch of clothes, jewelry and shoes that we don't need. We all might rush around to go to a concert or a play or a game or something. Now, I'd much rather spend time just hanging out together. That's what we did for the past few days and it was perfect.
Life is short and the way I view it has changed dramatically.
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
2 comments:
Real glad to hear your dad is continuing to get better and better Erin!
So glad to hear that your dad is doing so well!
My mom had a stem cell transplant in January to cure Acute Lymphocitic Leukemia. 2010 was a horrible year for my family. 2011 has been nothing short of a miracle. My mom is had no cancer cells detected at her last bone marrow biopsy. So, I truly understand how wonderful it isto just be able to "hang out" with your family. And I am so happy that you are able to do that. Congratulations!
Post a Comment