I can't believe how time has gotten away from me lately... no blog the past two weeks. Shame on me! There is a ton of stuff I could babble on about, but here is the main thing that's happened in recent weeks...
Jannay got married!!!
The ceremony was absolutely stunning - in Las Vegas, outside at the pool area at the Mirage so that the backdrop was a huge waterfall and there were stunning flowers and plants everywhere. Obviously the bride was beautiful. You already knew that!
It was a blast catching up with Kerry Kavanaugh. She and Jannay and I were all hired at the same time back in 2005 and we've had some fun girl gatherings over the years. Kerry works in Atlanta now - with John Bachman's son! Small world.
Somehow we came up with this "freight train" joke - it was the theme of the weekend. I'm sure it wouldn't be funny to anyone else but we were constantly cracking ourselves up - go figure, it's Vegas.

While I'm on the topic of weddings... Michael and I will celebrate our ten year anniversary on Thursday. Talk about time flying! I know this sounds goofy and cliche and will probably make some of you want to puke, but I really do feel lucky to be married to my best friend. Neither one of us is perfect and we've endured some really rotten times over the past decade but we've always been there for each other and we've also managed to have a lot of fun. A lot of fun.
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
2 comments:
Happy early anniversary!! Don't worry about cliche...we ALL go there with our big wedding anniversaries, I'm sure! (At least I do! We just celebrated our 15th anniversary!)
And congratulations to Jannay and her wonderful new husband!
I had to laugh at you talking about "freight train" jokes that no one else would get. The last time I was to Vegas was with my mom, hubby, a family friend and my daughter. My mom kept my daughter while the other three of us went to watch the NASCAR race (MANY years ago, now) and we came back that evening with "Stratosphere!" as a running joke. No one else gets it! It makes it just that much sweeter!
Great post. Have a wonderful week!
Hey, Erin,
I got just as lucky as you did -- 17 years ago (as of next January 7), I got to marry my best friend. Congrats early on your 10-year anniversary!! :)
Post a Comment