Monday, December 12, 2011

Celebrating life!

Hello and Happy Monday, gang!

I had a great weekend visiting one of my childhood friends in Nebraska and I'm kicking myself for not taking any pictures. Oh well - next time. We haven't seen each other for a year and it was great to catch up. It's also great to have the type of friends that you just fall into an easy rhythm with, even when you haven't seen each other (or even talked to each other) for a long time.

The only disappointing thing about this weekend was missing out on my Dad's "alive" party. Friday was the one year anniversary of his collapse so Mom decided to throw a "Thank God Larry is still here" bash/early birthday party.



I love this picture because I can tell Dad is in the middle of telling some sort of joke or funny story, which is just so "him". Although I'm sad that Michael and I couldn't be there for this celebration, we are counting down the days until we head to Arizona for Christmas. Just being surrounded by the people I love most is the best present I could ever receive.

Speaking of great gifts - I hope you'll tune in tomorrow night for a holiday-themed "13 Cares". Photojournalists Jeff Felton and Roger Riley are helping me tell you about a wonderful program in Boone that helps people there all year long. It epitomizes the meaning of the season.

Have a wonderful week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

No comments: