I'm falling way behind.
With everything.
Still not sleeping worth a darn, although Sominex sure helps.
Back on the workout train and not in (as much) pain.
Working out brings me to my first random thought: Is is a SMALL world. Saturday afternoon my co-worker Dan Winters calls me and wants to know what I'm doing. "Cleaning the kitchen and unloading the dishwasher" is my response, because I lead such an exciting life. He says, "Did you take a spinning class from a guy named Herb last week?" I respond with, "Yes. He is horrible. My butt hurt for days!" It turns out Herb lives across the street from Dan and at the time of this phone call they were sitting at AK's in Beaverdale together. Weird. My husband always says Des Moines isn't really a city, it's a big town. This is a case in point. It also happens to be one of the things I love about living here. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who . . . you get the idea.
Random thought #2: Are you getting lots of wedding invites in the mail? 'Tis the season. A lot of my friends are already married (with children), but we still have some folks we know tying the knot these days. It's always interesting talking to brides-to-be about the upcoming event. They're always so stressed. There's a long list of reason why - the cake, the flowers, the dress, the music, the food, the family . . . it's enough to make you lose your mind. If I had it to do over again, I probably would've been married by a judge in someone's backyard instead of dealing with all of the hoopla. It's tough though. As little girls, we're raised with these goofy ideas about what a wedding day should consist of and if you're not planning everything down to the tiniest detail, people seem to think there's something wrong with you! I'm sure if I'd actually had the judge in the backyard, I would now be wishing that I'd had a more traditional wedding day. Ugh. Bottom line, it doesn't matter what the heck happens on "THE DAY" . . . it's what you and your significant other do in the years that follow that will make or break the deal.
Final random thought that's way overdue: How do you feel about the Red, White & Blue? I received this email from a viewer on the 4th of July:
A tip of the hat or should I say "Salute" to Erin Kiernan for displaying the American Flag lapen pin during her on camera news casts yesterday. I have great respect for a TV personality showing her "colors". I know of no other broadcaster on local or even national TV displaying the flag on TV as she did. Bravo, Erin!
So, what do you think? I didn't give wearing the lapel pin a second thought when I got dressed for work that day. Do you think it's an issue, or not? On a similar topic, what do you think about the guy in Wayne County who's flying his flag upside down? He claims it's because he's unhappy about the way the country is being run, and upset about the war in Iraq. Is what he's doing a matter of free speech, or desecration?
As always, I'm looking forward to your comments!
Erin
erin.kiernan@whotv.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Erin,
I am not for or against the flag. It is just a piece of cloth, yes a symbol, but still cloth. My country is far more than a flag. I am much more upset about the rights this administration has taken away than a silly old flag being hung upside down. What is more important? Our rights or a symbol of them?
Erin,
I love the way you just bring the questions to the table. I just love reading your blogs, even though, I'm like 2000 miles away. I've always learned to treat the American Flag as a symbol of who we are as US citizens. But then looking at the other comment here, I guess you could also say its just a piece of cloth, and being an American is more then a piece of cloth. I guess I really don't have an answer in full, just a thought and a comment. LOL. Keep up the good work! As for falling behind on your blogs...work a little harder! LOL. Just kidding. Good job! Even though I am not in Iowa right now, I just love to come too whotv.com and see whats up and see what you have to offer on your blog. Have a good night!
Casey
KPAX TV
Missoula, Montana
Good Blog Erin! Im a little late posting this! You do such an awesome job with your blogs and your news cast. Words cant describe how happy I am your back on tv....!!!!
Welcome back!
Heather.
Spinning sounds like a good way to end up vomiting on the person next to you. I'll pass!
I'm going to be ALL about the judge when the time comes to marry. I say that now - it'll end up being what SHE wants.
I love WHO, Erin. The "quadrafecta" of you, John, Ed, and Murph make it great.
Nathan
Des Moines, IA
nathanbenn@mchsi.com
This administration taking away our rights??? I personally do not feel that "the administration" has taken away any of my rights. The PC crowd sure wants to, though. They don't want me or my kids to be able to pray or speak about our faith or display symbols of it. They also don't want us to express any opinions which don't agree with theirs (if we do, it's "hate speech"). Our first amendment rights are being taken away little by little, but not by the administration currently in office.
Our flag is a symbol of the liberty we have here and of those who sacrificed to ensure that we will continue to have them. Flying it upside down is desecration, in my opinion. But many people have died so that the gentleman can fly it upside down if he chooses. It's called freedom.
Post a Comment