Thursday, November 09, 2006

The letdown

We've survived the midterm elections.
For those of you on the couch during our newscasts, it means an end to all those political ads. Hurray!
For those of us who are part of putting those newscasts together, the end of an election cycle usually means relief, exhaustion, and a big letdown. It's what happens after a lot of big events. There is a lot of anticipation and planning beforehand, followed by a lot of adrenaline. Then, there's usually nothing else going on in the news world and we're struggling to come up with good local stories.
Not so this week.
Wednesday, our sports team broke the news that Dan McCarney would be resigning as head coach of the Cyclone football team.
Dave Price was burning the midnight oil (literally) in order to confirm a tip that Governor Vilsack will offically be trying to become President Vilsack. Dave broke the story on our website during the wee morning hours Thursday.
We're all wondering what tomorrow will bring, and that's the beauty of the news business . . . you just never know. I do know that there will be slow news days in the coming months, which is why we're always interested in your story ideas. Send them our way at news@whotv.com or drop your favorite Channel 13 newsie a note via our personal email addresses.
We always appreciate your feedback!
Erin
erin.kiernan@whotv.com

2 comments:

Heather R. said...

I dont know about you, but I am exstatic that these adds are over. I watched TV in peace last night! It was awesome.

Casey said...

Erin,
I got to the newsroom at about 2 that afternoon and finally left at 3AM. It was crazy,since Montana was 1 of the last 2 states that the country was watching. Montana has always been a republican state and now everyone is demo. It's crazy how things can change like that. So what is your personal though on your gov.running for president?
-Casey