I've been logging tapes and I'm running out of time before the 10 .... but here's a quick post about "new rules" given to me by doctors.
1. No drinking
2. No smoking
3. No spicy food
4. No fatty food
5. No huge meals
6. No caffeine
That's it ... my life is ruined!
Just kidding. But, the list does put a cramp in my lifestyle... probably a good one.
In terms of health, I've decided that a trip to a warm climate is good for what ails you. Arizona was great and it was so fun watching my folks have so much fun. They've earned it.
Finally, I love airports just for the people watching. You see it all, and I'm not just referring to appearance. Airports are a great place to study human behavior ... at its worst and its best.
I'm sure this is full of horrid typos and bad grammar but I'm pushing the limit here ... it's 9:45.
Have a great week everyone!
EEK
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Don't you just love the rules given from doctors? I have heard a few of these before too. I am horrible at following them...Erin, I hope you can do better than me & I wish you luck.
1.No drinking (alcohol) - I could probably make this one.
2.No smoking - Don't smoke so I'm okay with this one. Do you smoke?
3.No spicy food - sorry, it's not happening!
4.No fatty food - again, sorry. It's what I am all about. My downfall.
5.No huge meals - so that means "happy meals" only? :)
6.No caffeine - no happening either. I am actually having a "no caffeine" migrane as I type. I love my Mt. Dew!
Again, sorry about your luck. Maybe you need a different Dr.? Just kidding. I'm sure you will be fine. I know what you mean about a warm weather climate trip. The bad thing is, there are still bars, 2nd hand smoke, mexican food, fast food, buffets, and cold pop or hot coffee(caffeine) in warm climates too. :)
Glad to see you back on the news today!
Welcome back. It can be so healing to spend time with your parents, especially when you can see them so happy.
One more thing to add to your doctor's list...sorry
Stop apologizing for your blogs! You often start or end them with how rushed you are and how close you are cutting it to airtime. If it is one line, so be it. One simple thing you can do to help with overall health is lower stress...find the simple things in the big things...meaning work can be stressful, but one thing to eliminate from your "guilt meter" is the length of your blogs.
Again, welcome back and be nice to you today:)
AEW
Welcome back to Iowa!!! Hope you are feeling better!!! Look forward to seeing you on the tube!!!
Welcome back...I hope your trip was good for what ails. My thinking on dr's rules are they are mere suggestions/guidelines to help improve your health. They smoke, they eat unhealthy, they don't exercise enough (all told to me by a former personal physician). Use the rules as a starting point and move forward from there.
Welcome back and look forward to seeing you on the news.
Wow, hope those rules aren't permanent! All that for a bacterial infection? Hope it's nothing more serious.
I agree with everyone else's comments - I know you don't smoke, so you're ok on that one, but for the rest of them, just take everything in moderation. Life is short, you need to enjoy it, so if you have a glass of wine or a beer every once in awhile, I can't believe that will send you to your grave!?!?! It's been great to see you back here, how come you didn't bring some sunshine and warmth?! We saved the snow, just for you!! Relax, and just enjoy life...
Are you sure about that, Lisa?
I used to work at a watering hole famous for "media night" - sound familiar?
I seem to remember a certain news anchor lighting up on more than one occassion. Perhaps she's quit by now...
Maybe congratulations are in order????
After reading Erin's rules again, I think rontek may be on to something here. Could it be?
Okay, let's see how badly I would fail with your rules, Erin:
1. No drinking (I don't drink a lot, but I have to have the occasional wine or beer, etc.)
2. No smoking (I don't do cigarettes, but I'll admit to liking a good cigar every so often -- so I guess I kinda fail that one!)
3. No spicy food (Yeah, right. Not happening!)
4. No fatty food (Sadly, see #3 -- and I've managed to lose over 40 lbs since last summer).
5. No huge meals (Again, see #3 and #4)
6. No caffeine (Simply put: I grew up in Seattle. You do NOT want to deprive me of my morning Starbucks, or any other form of caffeine. Nope, not good!)
Kip
Post a Comment