Monday, March 03, 2008

Sleepless nights and random stuff in my brain

I'm battling insomnia and I'm about to lose my mind.
If you have any get to sleep/stay asleep tips please send them my way.

This winter is NUTS!
Are you going anywhere warm or doing anything fun to brighten up the time between now and spring? My dad's favorite hobby these days is telling me what the temperature is in Arizona. It was funny the first dozen times. :)

One of the things bugging me the most about this winter is the toll it's taking on my skin. A few weeks ago, my hands were so dry I was bleeding in spots. Gross, I know. All the lotion in the world wasn't helping. Murph said, "You need some Wolverine." I said, "What the heck is that?" He told me it was this salve for super dry skin. I looked and looked and looked, but couldn't find it anywhere. Turns out, Murph meant "Badger" not "Wolverine." I forgave the mistake because he bought me some and it is great.

I just started changing up my workout plan. I'm in pain, but in a good way. What do you do to stay motivated? To keep my fitness instructor certification I have to take continuing education courses. Saturday I took part in a training to teach a class called Hip Hop Hustle. It is a blast. It may be awhile before I can teach it adequately, but it's something new and that helps me stay on track. If you're interested in trying it, we'll be adding some classes to the schedule at Walnut Creek this spring.

Happy Monday!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

4 comments:

Robert Nielsen said...

Erin,

I can relate to your dad telling you about the weather in Arizona...my parents are on vacation in Phoenix, and my dad called me yesterday, and after asking what the weather was doing here, he said, "Well, it's sunny and in the mid-'70s here..." I said, "Dad, shut up!!"

Bob

Anonymous said...

I had insomnia in high school and college. I haven't had a problem with it in the past few years though. Oh wait, ever since my first child was born and then second child, I can fall asleep pretty good now. Hmmm...maybe having a couple of kids would help??? :)

Love you guys!

danawhitaker said...

LOL! Even with Sam, I still have insomnia. I'm lucky if I can fall asleep before 2 a.m. no matter what time I get up. The only thing that tends to really relax me to the point of sleep is TV, and then I run into the problem of being too interested in what I'm watching to fall asleep. Although I do admit, one of the biggest things that helped me was investing in a featherbed about two years ago. I definitely feel more relaxed while trying to fall asleep and when I wake up.

Robert Nielsen said...

My wife & I both had sleep problems...until she convinced me to get one of those Sleep Number beds they advertise on TV - now, we lay down to sleep, and we're out in just a few minutes (and we sleep all through the night, just like Lindsay Wagner says on the commercial...).