Monday, July 21, 2008

Facebook... Sandra Lee... Basement & Batman...

Hi gang!
Can you believe it's Monday already?
We just wrapped up what Sonya likes to call a "lost weekend." There can be many contributing factors, but the outcome is this ... nothing. That means my to do list continues to grow. I think I'll just throw it away. The failure is killing me.
I've decided that this Facebook business is probably the biggest drain on productivity that exists today. By last Friday I had to log off the darn thing in order to stay focused on my job. That little "ding" that tells you one of your gazillion friends is online and wanting to chat is just too hard to ignore. Michael finally showed me the function that allows you to stay logged into your page, but go "offline" and it's been a lifesaver. If I've gone offline on you during the past week between the hours of 1:30pm and 10:30pm I apologize. Don't take it personally, it's just that I can't manage the distraction! How do the rest of you do it? Or maybe you don't? How much of your workday gets wasted because of your online fun? Be honest. And maybe remain anonymous in case your boss is reading this. :)
Did you make it to the Sandra Lee event last Thursday? Oh my gosh, this woman is a riot! Frankly, I was prepared to dislike her. Have you visited her website? She has ideas about, and is good at everything from gourmet cooking to gardening and gobs of stuff in between. I, on the other hand, am the furthest thing from "crafty" and although I can follow a recipe just fine, you will never find me whipping up something to eat off the top of my head. Needless to say, I did not think we would have much in common. What I didn't know is that Sandra Lee is just plain fun and she could make conversation with a stick. We had a blast together and I'm excited to tell you she'll be back in the metro in the fall. I'll keep you posted on event details.
Did you get stuck in any of the severe weather over the weekend? Sonya and Steve and Michael and I did on Saturday night, and when we arrived at our place in the middle of the torrential downpour guess what we found? A flooded basement! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm really sick of this stuff. Our escape from the Shop-Vac and bleaching the floor was to go to a movie last night. If you haven't seen "The Dark Knight" yet, work it into your plans in the coming weeks. I'm no movie critic, but this was just plain great.
And now, I'm just plain out of time!
Have a great week - it's been fun meeting so many of you on Facebook!
EEK

6 comments:

Hawkeyes Fanatic said...

Erin,

What happend to Amanda Krenz? Did she move to a different station?

Melinda said...

Her picture is back on WOI's website as a weekend anchor.

Robert Nielsen said...

Yes, she's moved back to WOI.

Anonymous said...

Do you know when Megan R, Megan S. and Jeriann's baby's are due? Must be an exciting time around the station! Have you been going to lots of baby showers?

ronnie said...

Where is Justin?

Hawkeyes Fanatic said...

All three of them are expecting??? Thanks for the info on Amanda.