I had grandiose ideas about what I was going to accomplish this weekend and guess what? Very, very, very little got done around my house. Oh well. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself that it doesn't matter if the bathroom is dirty or the laundry isn't done. At least that's what I'm telling myself today!
There are several reasons for my to do list remaining largely undone. The first was an impromptu outing Saturday night with Dan Winters and Jon Cahill. Michael and I have been craving sushi and we convinced Dan and Jon to give it a try. The four of us went to Miyabi 9 in the East Village. I highly recommend it. Delicious! And, if you're like Dan and Jon and not sure that sushi is for you, don't be scared ... you'll probably end up loving it.
Another discovery that's preventing us from getting much done is Facebook. I know most of you are probably thinking, "Geesh ... you're just now finding out about this?!?!" Well, not exactly. I've known about it for a long time but never even looked at the site because I figured it was something that "kids" are doing. But recently more and more people my age have been sending me emails asking me to be their "friend." I thought we were already friends, but whatever. So, Michael and I have joined Facebook. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I've quickly realized it can be addictive. Just what I need, another means by which to procrastinate!
Finally, if you are a Food Network junkie like me you'll want to come to a fun event Thursday night. Follow this link for details http://www.iasoybeans.com/whatnew/sandraleeflyer.pdf
Sandra Lee will be whipping up all sorts of tasty items and the event is going to be very interactive and tons of fun.
For more info on Sandra Lee: http://www.semihomemade.com/sandra-lee/biography.htm
I've always thought it would be a blast to host one of these Food Network shows. The only problem is that I'm not a great cook. However, I could easily host a show where other people do the cooking, and I do the tasting. Eating is one thing I do very well!
That's it for now, have a great week!
EEK
2 comments:
Facebook
I also have facebook. The concept is a very nice idea. I get to post stuff about my life. It is easy for my friends and family to catch up with me on regular basis. I found old childhood friends and it’s been very nice to catch up with all of them as well.
Erin,
I totally LOVE facebook. It is a great tool to find old friends/neighbors, etc. I seriously don't know how I get any work done! ha! Between facebook and myspace, I'm an addict! Have a great one!
Post a Comment