Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics... State Fair...

Happy Monday!
Have you guys been watching the Olympics on Channel 13? I have been glued to the tube and the last three days have been amazing! Of course Shawn Johnson was a huge draw last night, but I'm also completely sucked into the Michael Phelps drama, Dara Torres' incredible performance at age 41, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh taking names in sand volleyball, and I can't wait to watch Lolo Jones light up the track. What are your favorite events, who are your favorite athletes, and why?
In case you didn't know, you can keep tabs on the Olympics event when you're out at the Iowa State Fair! Stop by the Olympic Pavillion (right by the giant yellow slide) to watch live coverage on the big screen.

And, make sure you stop by the Cast Your Kernel booth right in front of the Administration Building. That's where Sonya and I were on Saturday, along with Channel 13's Program Manager, Dave Peterson. It was a great day. Beautiful weather and lots of nice people....


Like the Greene girls! Samantha and Rachel aren't old enough to vote for president, but they stopped by to torture us with their ice cream cones. Yum!


For some reason Trooper Morenz wanted to get his picture taken with us... we're just glad we weren't in trouble with the law! Speaking of which, it's not too late to help bail us out of jail. Once again, here are the links to our MDA sites.





https://www.joinmda.org/teluia2008/SonyaHeitshusen

https://www.joinmda.org/teluia2008/ErinKiernan


I've saved the best for last ... absolutely adorable pictures, courtesy of my brother-in-law Matt.

Olivia looks scared of the State Fair Mascot... don't ya love Matt's "Floppy" shirt?

Beth and Olivia checking out the babies ... too cute!

If that last picture doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will. :) Have a great week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

4 comments:

Kritter said...

Great post Erin! I too have been excited watching these Olympics. I am looking forward to watching every evening. Gives me an excuse to be lazy every night for the next few weeks.

I have been a Natalie Coughlin fan for the last 4 years. I think she is smokin' HOT and one tough competitor. Sorry had to be honest with that one!

Great photos from the Fair. I was out there Sunday and made sure to cast my kernel. Was hoping to see you and would have wanted to do the same as Trooper Morenz. An autographed Erin Kiernan picture would be priceless!

Heather R. said...

I passed up the fair this weekend to watch the olympics. I would have to say my top 3 fave's are swimming (diving to!), gymnastics and beach volleyball. I was glued to the tv this weekend, and people thought I was crazy! I love the olympics. I'll catch up on the state fair this weekend.

Cute pictures! Olivia is growing up fast!

Have a good week.

Kritter said...

Are you still loving the Olympics Erin? COMA? It's not that late! Hang in there...only another week or so of these games that keep us all up late!
Gotta go get some sleep. Good luck with the rest of the LATE news. :) I can't hang in there much longer myself & the Tylenol PM has started kicking in.

Anonymous said...

Erin - Does John really only have to work four days a week? I'd be mad too!