Rock climbing!!! Neither of us have ever done anything like before, and frankly - I was more than a little nervous. Luckily, we were at a great new facility, with professionals.
Does this look like fun to you? Then you've got to visit Climb Iowa in Grimes. http://www.climbiowa.com/. This was a great adrenaline rush, a challenging workout and a lot of fun. And, I guarantee anyone can do this. Give it a try!
Then maybe someday you can be a pro like Dillon and Thomas. They work at Climb Iowa and acted as belayers for us. That basically means they held onto the ropes and made sure we didn't fall to our deaths. We wanted to see what the experts can do, so Dillon and Thomas gave us this demo. As you can see, this section is a bit more challenging than what we tackled earlier. Showoffs.
Photojournalist Lee Rouse thinks we're crazy. He stayed on the ground the entire time.
If you'd like to get a better idea of what this is all about, check out Lee's video in the 13Raw section of our website. http://www.whotv.com/Global/category.asp?C=90994
Wrapping up on a serious note, I hope you'll tune in this week for my reports on health insurance and the challenges some Iowa families are facing. It's an issue that affects all of us, and I think you'll walk away with some useful information about what to do if your insurer says no to covering treatment your doctor says you or your children need.
Have a great week!
EEK
1 comment:
Erin: I watched your piece on the health insurance last night, though I don't have a child with health problems, I am the one that has them. And it really burns me up with us, my husband and I paying so much for that health insurance and then they will not pay for things. Like last June I had to take an ambulance ride because I have asthmas and could not get any air. Got my heart rate way up, ok, so I have health insurance and surely they will pay for that ambulance ride or some of it? No, nothing so now I am trying to pay off a $695.00 ride. I think the next time this happens I will not take that ride. And you know what good is this health insurance, if you pay for it but can not use it? I think we pay into these companies, but they use the money to build million dollar buildings and pay their fat cats. My hope is that Obama will be able to get them to help the people that pay into their company and stop spending the money on other things. Really enjoy you and watch everytime I can. God bless: Linda
Post a Comment