Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
Is anyone else fighting the crud? I know tons of people (including my husband and colleagues) who've been sick off and on for months. I've been pretty lucky, but spent most of Saturday in bed feeling nasty. Do you have anything you do to ward off getting sick? I used to take Airborne but after the class action lawsuit against it, I don't bother. I did get thirteen dollars for being part of the class - that makes me feel better! Now I usually just pump myself full of fluids and pray.
Michael and I are on a new kick of trying different brunch spots around the metro. Sunday some friends stopped by our house and invited us to go to Jethro's. Barbecue didn't sound that great to me so I wasn't very excited about the choice of location, but I was thrilled to discover that the place serves breakfast food until two o'clock! It was great. And we also stumbled upon more good Bloody Marys. Yehaw! Of course this means that I didn't get any cleaning done over the weekend, but sometimes you just have to make these tough decisions. I think the world will keep spinning even if my toilets are dirty.
Finally, last week I got to see some gals I love and haven't seen for awhile. Elisha Anderson used to work here at Channel 13 but moved to Detroit a few years ago. She was in town for a visit and we got to hang out for a bit, along with Jeriann, Brooke and Sonya. It was a nice little reunion. I also caught up with former Channel 13 reporter Amanda Krenz. We got a group together to celebrate her promotion at Channel 5 - she's now anchoring the 5, 6 and 10 o'clock newscasts. So now we have two female anchor teams in Des Moines - pretty cool.
I need to go blow my nose, so I'll wrap this up.
Have a wonderful week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
To clean out my system, I recently chugged a lot of cranberry juice-just be prepared to stay at home!
How are Jeriann and baby?
Post a Comment