Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Punishment

Hi gang ... and Happy TUESDAY.
I fell behind yesterday working on a story for the 10 o'clock show and didn't make time to blog. I apologize. It is definitely time for me to get back in the groove!

Part of that effort has been returning to the gym. Ouch. I'm only on day two and I'm already kicking myself for being a lazy turd for two weeks. I had the best of intentions. Not only did I take workout clothes and gear to Florida, I even packed my yoga book and pilates DVDs! Did I use any of it? NO! Unless you count the one three mile walk I took (wearing tennis shoes - not strolling on the beach). I know better. I'm sure you do, too. Do you workout while on vacation, or just think about it? If only our thighs would stay thin and our triceps firm by thinking about exercise. The person who invents that device will not need to worry about the economy!

Speaking of which, how are you feeling about finances these days? It's scary, isn't it? So many people have lost their jobs, and everyday we hear about more furloughs or cuts in hours or layoffs. Are you doing anything differently because of the current state of the economy? I've always been a bit of a freak about money and budgets so things aren't a lot different around our house, although I have been even more conscientious about cutting back, cutting coupons and searching for sales.

Finally, how about Shawn Johnson on Dancing With The Stars! Can you imagine being a teenager and experiencing everything she has in the past few years? Amazing. I've never watched DWTS before Monday night and I have to admit - I couldn't really get into it. It may've been because I was trying to write a story and keep one eye on the tv. My only interest was Shawn. How about you - are you an addict? Do you not give a hoot, even with S.J. on the show? Will you tune in just because she's a contestant?

Thanks for reading and watching!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

1 comment:

Robert Nielsen said...

Erin,

I have to admit, I tuned in to DWTS last week, and said to my wife, "You know who I would not want to be tonight?? Shawn Johnson's father!!" I mean, think about it - his 17-year old daughter is dancing a very provocative dance (the salsa) wearing an extremely provocative outfit, etc. The poor man...even though I don't have kids, I can imagine what he was thinking! And when the judge told her to take lessons in "naughty" from L'il Kim?? Oh, boy!!