Monday, June 22, 2009

Wedding Bells... Thieves ... Hives

Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
Boy oh boy is it hot out there. Really, really hot. I refuse to complain. I would rather sweat than shiver. I am on the verge of complaining because our brand new, high efficiency AC is not working correctly and it's 78 degrees in my house, but I will not complain. Yet.

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Dan Winters' wedding. It started with a sudden and impromptu gathering on Friday night following Dan and Shannon's rehearsal dinner and culminated with a brief visit with the two of them and former Channel 13er Jon Cahill Sunday evening. Dan and Shannon brought us leftover cake. Yum! I have tried repeatedly (and unsuccessfully) to download some pictures of the beautiful ceremony and reception. If I have any luck later in the week you'll see them here. I cried during the ceremony (not a big surprise) and laughed so hard with some old friends during the reception that my sides hurt yesterday. It was a great time. Congratulations Dan and Shannon!

Do you have problems with thieves at your place of work? I was gone most of last week and returned to discover that no less than five of my pens are missing. It's because of this issue that I've started purchasing really gaudy writing utensils. Right now I have two pens that are covered in rhinestones. It looks like they've been bedazzled. Murph calls them my "sparkly magic pens." They are horrific, but guess what? No one steals them!

Finally, the reason I was gone last week is because of breaking out in hives. That in itself is unpleasant, but oftentimes bearable. What forced me to miss work is the location of the hives. They were all over my face, neck and chest. I looked like a leper. This is a problem when it's your job to put your face on television. I still don't know exactly what's caused this condition off and on for the past few weeks, but I'm now seeing an allergist and she's working on getting to the bottom of it. I have to go through some testing next week that sounds uncomfortable and involves not showering for a couple of days. Can't wait. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, stay cool Des Moines!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

2 comments:

sixbehrs said...

I got hives a couple of months ago...all over my face and neck. I never did discover the reason, but it sure was miserable. I ended up going to the dr. and got a shot, which made them go away. Miserable!

Sara said...

I broke out a couple of weeks before my wedding. It was bad. Mine I'm sure were b/c of wedding nerves b/c I haven't had them since. I just started taking Benadryl the week of my wedding to keep them away and it helped. :) I hope you figure out what is going on soon.