Hi gang!
I don't know about you, but I'm having trouble getting back in the groove after the holiday weekend - hence the Tuesday posting. There's been a lot of random stuff rolling around in my head during the past week - here's some of it.
* The rescue on the Des Moines River last week is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The video still gives me goosebumps and my heart aches for the woman who lost her husband.
* Thriller is still one of my favorite albums of all time. I've been listening to it at the gym off and on for the past week and a half and I love almost every song. I still have the record I walked down to Pamida and bought with my allowance money in fourth grade.
* The 80/35 Music Festival was a blast, in spite of the weather. Great music, good crowds, fantastic friends and family. I hope it's back year after year.
* It never ceases to amaze me how nasty and disrespectful people can be.
* Some experiences are so precious there truly aren't words to describe them.
* I've only posted comments on blogs a handful of times in my life and never posted anonymously.
* I love the food at the Iowa State Fair. New this year: Frozen s'mores on a stick, Carmellows (marshmallows on a stick, dipped in chocolate), chocolate-covered peanut butter rounds, chocolate covered key lime rounds, pretzel rods dipped in caramel or chocolate. Those are just some of the sweets, don't get me started on corndog brats and PickleDawgs. I'm going to start fasting now in preparation.
* I had my allergy testing done last week. The results - a chemical with a really long name that I can't spell or pronounce that's found in a lot of beauty products, and to a lesser degree - fragrance and nickel. Weird.
* People comment more on my hair than on anything I say or do on the news. I could be naked and people would send emails about my hair.
* My husband is amazing. His trip to Chicago netted me three pairs of outrageously hot shoes. Too bad you can't see those on the news!
* It's true, if you want something done right (or the way you think is right) you need to do it yourself.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your hair does seem different every day, but trust me, if you show up naked, 13's ratings will go through the roof. That would be "must see tv".
Post a Comment