Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
This post will be brief since everything besides the death of Osama bin Laden seems silly.
So, let's go this route ... where were you when you heard this news? Michael and I were on our way to a movie when we heard the President had scheduled a news conference concerning a "national security" issue. When we heard it was going to be something about bin Laden, we turned around and hustled home to watch TV.
We were planning on going to "The Conspirator" ... has anyone seen it?
I keep thinking about Saddam Hussein's capture in 2003. Back then I interviewed the family of an Iowa soldier who was part of that operation. I can still remember sitting in their living room in Truro chatting with them about their son. I think he's served several more tours since then. We should all do a better job of saying thank you to all service members - past and present. They (and their loved ones) sacrifice so much for our country and our freedoms.
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
Monday, May 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was at home, Erin....surfing the net when my wife Michelle said, "You need to see what is going on on Twitter," and it was all about bin Laden's death...then, I got email alerts from FOX News and CNN that President Obama was going to announce the death of bin Laden. Great day to be an American!!!
Post a Comment