I hope you all had a lovely weekend and that you did something nice for your pops. I was feeling pretty emotional yesterday, just thinking about how grateful I am that my dad is alive. Not only that - he is doing great. He goes to therapy two or three times a week (physical, occupational and speech) and all of his doctors are amazed at the progress he's made. Here is a picture of my folks in their backyard. They're wearing shirts my cousin's son made - it's hard to see, but the picture is an ear of corn, wearing a Nebraska hat and saying, "Mood Dude". Funny

A lot of our weekend was spent tackling our office. It's something we've been needing to do for a loooooooong time and we've been really good at finding ways to put it off. This is sort of what the space looked like ....

Speaking of messy - I had a really disgusting incident with my earpiece last week. We wear these every day at work so we can hear what's going out over the airwaves and so producers can talk to us. I couldn't hear anything in mine so I took it to one of our engineers. Greg took it apart and shot compressed air through it and a chunk of gunk came flying it out of it. GROSS!

Finally, Sonya, Ed, producer Kelly Kasparie and I received some great news from our General Manager Dale Woods. Here is part of the email he sent us today:
"I wanted to give you some great news about the May ratings book. We had a very good book, but for me the one highlight that stands out the most is us winning the 5pm news in Adults 18-49. That’s right YOU WON!!! That is the first time since May 1997 that WHO has won the 5pm news."
Thanks to all of you for tuning in - we love our jobs and we appreciate you watching Channel 13!
Have a wonderful week,
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
3 comments:
I always watch Channel 13...is there another one in town? ;-)
Hi Erin
I'm so happy to hear that your dad is doing so well. I followed his progress from the early days of his illness through the web updates, but since he 'graduated' to home, I lost track. He looks fantastic, and your folks look so happy. Thanks for bringing us up to date.
Best wishes to all!
Jill Brosnahan
Hi Erin,
I'm so pleased that your dad has made such progress this Fathers' Day had to have more meaning to you knowing how close you were to losing him.
And channel 13 is the ONLY 1 to watch.
Post a Comment