Once again Monday slipped away without me getting a blog posted and I'm late doing it today because of a speaking engagement that make me late for work. I had a great time visiting with the ladies at the Ottumwa Women's Club and it was worth the drive.
Football
I know it's been several days but it seems like people can't stop talking about the Iowa-Iowa State game. I can't get over the triple overtime. I was watching pretty casually while cleaning the house but was glued to the tube by the fourth quarter.
Little Ones
The game made me an hour late getting to Lynn Melling's house for a get together with her, her neighbor Laura and Sonya. It was wonderful to see Lynn and her husband Ian...

... but of course we LOVED seeing Baby Aubrey. She is precious.

Big brother Jack is hilarious and kept us entertained. He is bright and talkative and calls little sister, "Pretty Aubrey". We had a great time.
Salsa!

Salsa dancing was the workout for this week. If you missed it, go the "Workout of the Week" section of the WHO-TV website. This weekend is the Latino Heritage Festival downtown and I foolishly agreed to be part of a dance competition on Sunday afternoon. I had no idea what I was getting into. Luisito Cabrera is a great instructor, but I am terrified.
Speed!

I have a ticket coming in the mail. Last night I was flying back to work after my salsa lesson and I tried to make it through MLK & School on yellow. Apparently the camera there viewed the light as red. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well, it's my own stupid fault. Speaking of stupid - I think that speed camera on I-235 makes people stupid. Hello?!?! There aren't bonus points for going UNDER the speed limit, people! It's not like the government is going to send you money because you're going slower. Geesh!
I'm starving... off to dinner.
Thanks for reading!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
1 comment:
Erin,
LOVE the posts lately, it is always great to see that you are just like us "regular" people, multi-tasking (love the foil!), and having fun at Billy Joe's. Good luck salsa dancing, I know you will be AWESOME!! Thanks again for being so wonderful!!!
Post a Comment