WHO-TV Baby Boom Continues

Welcome the newest member of the Channel 13 family... Cameron Paul Felton. He is the son of producer Lisa and photojournalist Jeff. Isn't he precious? I think we need to start a daycare here at the station to keep up with all these little ones!!!
Furry Friends

This is Iola... she belongs to my good friend James Lacona. We ate dinner at Jimmy's house Monday night and I couldn't resist snapping a photo.

This is Sampson... I have no idea what his owners name is. We met Sampson because some friends of ours were dog sitting. Get this - he is only FIVE MONTHS OLD!
Hy-Vee Tri
I am amazed by people who train for and compete in things like marathons and triathlons but I've never been more impressed by someone than I am by Jason Paul.

Jason was in a life-threatening car crash last October and lost his arm. Here he is on Sunday after the swim portion of the triathlon, putting on his prosthetic arm.

Jason doing the bike portion...
If you missed the story Jeff Felton and I did last Friday, you can watch it here:
http://www.whotv.com/videobeta/beeff8f1-885b-47cd-affa-d52deeddb00f/News/Triathlete-Amputee

This is Sonya's medal... she decided at the very last minute to do the Hy-Vee tri, but she's been training for months for the Malibu race. Once again, she's doing this as part of Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. To donate to the cause and help Sonya, use this link:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ia/malibutr11/sdheits4589
Fun
My stomach hurts...not from working out, not from eating something that didn't agree with me, but from laughing.

This is the reason why... a weekend with our friend Joe Webb (third from the left). He is probably one of the funniest people I know and was really in rare form at Billy Joe's for karaoke.

It took a lot of encouragement, but Michael even got in on the fun... he and Joe performed "Ice Ice Baby". Priceless. It's a good thing Joe lives in Chicago or this kind of silliness would happen way too often.
I checked my pride at the door to sing several songs (not well - but with gusto) and that attitude carried over into today...
What are you looking at?!?!

I actually ran errands looking like this. Nothing better than multi-tasking, even if people look at you like you're crazy. Hey - a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
Enjoy the rest of the week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com
No comments:
Post a Comment