I love your comments about nicknames and the reasons for yours. Very funny. Thanks for posting and emailing!
I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do after being away from work for a week. I'll save you the details of my time off and instead share about some fun from the past few days.
Friday night Michael and I had the honor of acting as Masters of Ceremonies for an event organized by the Iowa Historical Foundation. The featured speaker was Barry Landau, author of "The President's Table." Here's what Harper Collins writes about him:
"Barry H. Landau is a presidential historian and one of the foremost
collectors of presidential memorabilia and artifacts. He has served eight
Presidents and worked with every White House since Lyndon Johnson's planning
historic events. The late Arthur Schlesinger, quoted on Landau's recent book,
The President's Table, said that “Landau weaves these previously missing links
of Presidential history, into a fascinating tapestry and narrative of
Presidential lore. The Washington Post wrote, Landau's “connections that bridge
the world of politics, entertainment and theatre”….and built a network of the
powerful and famous, creating a niche as a liaison between the world of politics
and entertainment.”
Barry is a fascinating guy and we had a ball at the event, which featured the favorite foods and drinks of past President's, and a wonderful crowd including Iowa Governors Ray, Branstad and Vilsack and their wives.
For more information on Barry and his book visit www.barrylandau.com. For more information on the Historical Foundation click www.iowahistory.org.
Saturday was a pretty laid back day. Football in the morning, some shopping (for me) in the afternoon, an early dinner and movie watching at night. Perfect. Plus, my Huskers won again!

The highlight of Sunday was Michael making chili. Yuuuuuum. What's your favorite food on a cold, blustery day? In addition to chili I love any kind of soup, mac & cheese, and tator tot casserole. I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to winter after last year, but I do love the changing of the seasons and what each one brings. Here's to comfort food!
Finally, today is our anniversary. Seven years. It's flown by so fast, I can hardly believe it. Everyone keeps joking to Michael and me about one of two things. The first being the seven year itch, the other that once you've made it to the seven year mark, you're home free. I don't know anything about either, but I feel lucky. I hope you do to - for the good things in your life.
Have a great week!
EEK
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary Erin and Mike! I think it was just as cold today as it was at your wedding!
I guess we had the 7 year itch and changed houses a couple of years ago.
Congratulations on the anniversary!
Erin and Michael,
The Historical Foundation Board and Gala Committee are so pleased that you were our Masters of Ceremonies for our first-ever event. You are both great fun!! We all enjoyed meeting and visting with you both and glad you enjoyed the event, too. Have a great Halloween!!
Barb and All
Erin,
Happy Anniversary to you and Michael(he's a very good looking Irishman).
So, what are you and Sonya dressing up as for Halloween?
Congrats on your 7-year anniversary, Erin! My wife & I will be celebrating our 14-year anniversary on Jan. 7 - hope your next seven (plus) years are very happy!
Post a Comment