I hope you had a good weekend.
Mine was great, starting with NAMI Walks on Saturday morning.
The first walkers started arriving at Water Works park bright and early. I know I can speak for the organizers of any event like this when I tell you that the hours right before the start are extremely unnerving. You worry that all the details aren't ironed out, that you've forgotten something terribly important, that people won't show up. It's a lot of work and a lot of worry!
I'm happy to report that everything was PERFECT, thanks to Walk Manager Jay Brewer (he's on the right, looking like a manager with that clipboard). Also on hand to welcome walkers - my hubby and his city council colleague, Christine Hensley. If you couldn't join us on Saturday, but you'd like to get involved, visit www.namiiowa.com. And if you'd like to see the really nice story Dan Winters did on Saturday check out the WHO-TV homepage and click "Walk for Mental Illness" in the video player.
What a gorgeous day we had on Saturday! It prompted Sonya and me to make a date for some patio time that afternoon. Here we are at Star Bar. Sigh. I think we all agree that these days of warmth and sunshine are precious because we know they are numbered. Thinking about winter makes me feel sick. So, let's not. Both Steve and Michael joined us for our outing, one that lasted a lot longer than any of us anticipated.
We are blaming The Greenwood for our long night. The place was celebrating its 70th anniversary and we couldn't miss such a milestone! Steve and Sonya are feeling the love...We had a blast, and though this picture might imply otherwise, no one got hurt. :)
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
EEK

1 comment:
Erin:
I enjoy each week reading your blog.......its always interesting!
I dont want to start a WHO blog war but...... last Wednesday the Morning Buzz said Megan was in labor. Since then we havent heard one word. Are Megan and baby ok?
Thanks!
Post a Comment