Monday, October 13, 2008

A Random Thoughts Edition

Happy Monday!

I have nothing to report about my weekend. Frankly, that's kind of nice. It was relaxing and included quality time with Michael so it's all good.

Since I don't have any "happenings" to blog about, I've decided to clean out some of the random stuff rolling around in my brain.

I am trying desperately to keep the faith when it comes to my Huskers. I have no idea what will happen this Saturday when we face Iowa State. I just hope both teams play well. At this point, that's quite a bit to ask for!

Do you have a nickname? I've had several. Zeke, Ernie, Moody, MooBar, Goof, EEK, Kiernie. What's yours? How did you get it? Do you like it?

I keep thinking I should be keeping a journal. I did years ago, but haven't written in one for ages. I tried starting up again a few months ago but I felt like so much time had passed that it was futile.

I got my hair cut on Saturday. I always fall asleep in the chair. In my opinion, having someone else wash, cut and style your hair is one of the most relaxing things on the planet. I guess it also speaks to my absolute faith in my stylist!

Happy babies and toddlers are some of the best therapy on the planet. A few months ago Sonya found a site with videos of laughing babies. We sat here in the newsroom cracking up for at least thirty minutes. Do a search on You Tube, I guarantee you'll find some laughing baby videos. You'll be laughing, and you'll feel a lot better about the world.

I keep entering the Publishers Clearinghouse drawing. I don't know why. I started getting the emails years ago and now I'm practically addicted to following the prompts and submitting my entry. Every time I move my cursor toward "delete" I think, "What if?" What would you do with millions of dollars? How would you react if that dude showed up at your door with the flowers and balloons and a gigantic check? I'm a dance around and scream my head off kind of girl.

Since I haven't had Publishers Clearinghouse show up at my door, I need to get my rear in gear and work on 10 o'clock scripts.

Have a great week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

5 comments:

Hawkeyes Fanatic said...

Erin,

Cool blog! Just random thoughts. I have a few nick names... HMR because those are my initials. (An old friend called me that after I started calling her CMJ, its kind of an inside joke!).... Bruitis because I always was able to lift and carry more stuff and help my dad out and a few other ones that I cant remember off the top of my head. About your Huskers, I lived in Bellvue, NE for 2 years and the 2 years I lived there were National Championship years. ('94 & '95) and I will never forget how excited my dad got over those games or how much Nebraska gear one person could have. Now that were back to Iowa its back to the Hawkeyes for me. HOWEVER my dad is still a faithful Husker fan as is my mom! They will be watching the game rooting on the Huskers Saturday! Good luck Huskers.

Have a good week!

Angie said...

Hey Erin! I like random thoughts. Sometimes I need to do that too :) I have had several nicknames. I was called "choppers" for my serious amount of talking when I was little. "Blonde Witch" was from my grandpa...don't know why. My sister calls me "Apple Jacks" as my initial are AJM and my little brother couldn't say Angela so he called me and still does "Angieclaw". Angieclaw has stuck and several ISU friends still call me that as does my family.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those HUSKERS! Despite their traumas of the last few seasons, I was thrilled to see some of the old Husker offense show up last Saturday. Thought they were actually gonna pull it off! As for nicknames, the neighbor boys named me "Bindy Fat" when I was about 8 because I was the scrawniest kid in the neighborhood..........unfortunately, I grew and I just kept the Bindy and was either that or Bee all through high school, and to this day I sign my checks Bindy. Doubt most of the people in my town know my real name, even though I sold newspaper advertising here for over 25 yrs. GO BIG RED!

Robert Nielsen said...

Hi, Erin!!

My nickname, "Bob," well, that's pretty self-explanatory. I was christened "Gottfried" by my fraternity brothers, after Gilbert Gottfried, I guess they thought I was obnoxious just like Gilbert, I don't know!! :) My sister also calls me "Bert" or "Bobert".

Bob

redwings said...

I was having random thoughts during the news cast.......I thought wow f politicians can raise that much $$, why is our economy on the decline.